Still need help?CONTACT
How to play with Ubooly
What commands can Ubooly understand?
- Ubooly can understand: “Yes”, “No”, “Play a game”, “Listen to music”, “Tell me a story”, “Tell me a joke”, and much more. Also, try tossing Ubooly into the air!
How do I skip an activity?
- You can double-tap the screen to skip to the next activity.
How do I put Ubooly to sleep?
- Tap and hold the screen to put Ubooly to sleep.
What kind of activities does Ubooly play?
- Ubooly can play trivia games, play pretend, tells stories with fun choices, jokes, fun facts, and can play music. New activities are being added every month!
Are any in-app purchases required to play with Ubooly?
- Ubooly is fully functional without in-app purchases. New content is delivered every month to owners of the Ubooly toy, for free.
What is the target age range for Ubooly?
- Ubooly is recommended for children age 4-9.
My Ubooly order
What comes with my Ubooly order?
- Your order includes the Ubooly plush toy and an unlock code to access over 300 different activities.
When will my Ubooly arrive?
- US orders arrive within 1 week of order placement.
- International orders arrive within 2 weeks of order placement.
- If you place your order before 4pm MST, your order will be shipped the following day.
Do you accept international orders?
- Sorry, we currently only accept orders from the United States.
Can I return my order?
- You may return your order within 30 days of arrival if the toy is still in new condition, for a full refund. Just email email@example.com with your request and order number.
How much does shipping cost?
- Shipping is $5.
How it Works
Which devices does Ubooly support?
- Ubooly works with iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5 as well as iPod touch 4G and 5.
We will be adding support for iPad, iPad mini, and certain Android devices in 2013.
Can I use my registration code on multiple devices?
- Your registration code can be used on up to 5 devices.
Does my iPhone need to be connected to a cellular network?
- The Ubooly app is able to update through Wi-Fi (typically your home network), which means that you can use an iPhone without cellular service.
Will my iPhone or iPod be okay if the toy is dropped?
- Ubooly toys are filled with memory foam to protect devices from drops.
What languages are supported?
- Currently Ubooly speaks English. We will be adding additional languages in 2013. Also, many parents with children that speak another language use Ubooly to help their children learn English.
What colors are available?
Will my case fit?
- Most phone cases will not fit inside the Ubooly pocket and should be removed prior to play, with the exception of thin cases that fit very closely to the device.
How does Ubooly get smarter?
- Ubooly updates with new activities automatically over a 3G or Wi-Fi connection every month.
Does Ubooly include educational content?
- Yes! Ubooly encourages creativity through choose-your-own adventure stories, fun challenges, and "play pretend" games. Ubooly also knows fun facts about history, science, and teaches kids new vocabulary. Our goal is to inspire curiosity and to make learning fun.
My registration code isn't working.
- Double check that you have an internet connection (either 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi).
- Please note: each recognition code can be used for up to 5 devices.
- If your registration code is not accepted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Ubooly doesn't want to wake up.
- You must enter your registration code before your Ubooly will wake up.
- The device must be inserted upside-down in the pocket.
- In some high-sunlight conditions the app will not "sense" that it is in the pocket. It is recommended that you manually wake Ubooly by clicking on the alarm clock in the app.
Ubooly is having trouble hearing.
- Ubooly may have difficulty hearing in noisy enviroments.
- Ubooly can't hear you when he is speaking.
- Be sure to speak clearly when answering, with one command at a time.
- Please contact email@example.com if Ubooly doesn't seem to hear at all.
My device is getting too hot.
- It is expected for your device to get warm after extended use.
- If your device gets too hot, it will display a warning dialog and shutdown automatically to prevent damage to the hardware. If you see this warning message, you should remove any device covering or case while playing with Ubooly.
- If you continue to see this warning message regularly please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional troubleshooting.
What makes Ubooly happy?
- Ubooly loves corgis, constant attention, naps, and pretend time.
What is Ubooly scared of?
- Ubooly is terrified of monsters, vacuum cleaners, and yellow bell peppers (don't ask why).